The leaves are beginning to fall, the weather's beginning to chill, and the days are beginning to feel a bit shorter – we must be heading toward Halloween, the spookiest time of the year! And for some, using new banking technology can be every bit as scary as the frights provided by ghosts, ghouls, and goblins. But it doesn't have to be! We're here to turn on the lights to prove that these modern tools are nothing to fear, and can, in fact, make your banking experience much more convenient.
No more rushing to the bank before closing time! Whether you use your smartphone or a tablet, the State Bank of Cross Plains mobile app can assist you with your routine banking needs, helping you avoid the need to actually come in to a branch or visit an ATM.
- Using your phone or tablet’s camera, you can deposit checks up to $5,000.00. Simply endorse the check as normal, take a picture of the front and back of the check, follow the prompts, and *voilà* the money will be deposited into the selected account.
- Transfer money between any accounts you can access through the mobile app. By following the prompts, you can move money around without ever setting foot in an office or speaking to a banker.
- Make payments to any loan that you have access to online via the mobile app. These payments can similarly be made using any deposit account to which you have access.
Our bankers and security staff do their very best to protect you from the scary clown hiding just around the corner, more commonly known as fraud.
- Alert Notices
- With our mobile app, you can set alert notices to any deposit account you hold with us. Doing so means that, whenever a transaction (i.e., withdrawal or deposit) hits your account – or when your account balance falls below a set dollar amount – you will be notified instantly.
- Account Monitoring
- Our fraud-detection department keeps a trained eye on your money, watching for any activity that seems suspicious or doesn’t fit your normal activity. When something shows up that doesn’t look right, we will reach out and let you know.
Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs)
You may have pulled up to one of our new machines and felt a cold chill run down your back. Really, though, there's nothing to be afraid of; they're not as intimidating as they may initially appear. We are proud to be a leader with this tech in the Madison market, and soon, you will see these machines at more and more financial institutions.
- Live, Local,Convenient
- ITMs allow customers to do more with their debit cards without the assistance of a teller. You no longer have rush to the bank before it closes, and can still make your deposits any time you'd like. Whenever you request teller assistance, you'll be connected with a live, local employee who is just a few miles down the road.
On-Demand Debit and Credit Cards
Lost your card? Need a new one, due to suspected fraud? Want to expand your services with us? No matter the circumstance, we've got you covered, and can print and issue you a brand new debit or credit card on the spot. No more waiting for days or even weeks for one to arrive in the mail; walk out with it in your hand, same day.
- Debit Cards
- Receive your new debit card the same day you open a checking account. We have several designs to choose from, or you can even customize your card with a personal picture. You no longer have to be inconvenienced by being without a card if fraud hits your account.
- Credit Cards
- We now have on-the-spot approval capabilities, also with many card designs to choose from. (Yes, even a personalized image is possible with our new technology.)
The world of personal banking changes all the time, and we pride ourselves on our ability to offer you the very best and latest technology, in service of providing a great customer experience. Rather than being scary, think of that tech as being like magic – the good kind, of course! And always remember that your local bankers are here to help you learn and understand everything that we offer. Without these new additions, we wouldn’t be able to say, “Yeah, we can do that!”