By: Diana Bunnow, Treasury Management Operations Representative
State Bank of Cross Plains’ personal online banking system has many useful tools and features – you can access your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; transfer funds between your accounts; pay bills right from your home or mobile device; and so much more! We want it to be easy for you to navigate our website, so here are some tips that will help you gain confidence along your way to becoming a master of online banking.
- Enrollment: If you have never used our online banking before, you will want to go to our website and click on “Account Login.” Choose “Personal Banking” in the drop-down box. Underneath where it asks for your username and password, click on the link that says, “Enroll Now.” This will take you through the enrollment process, and have you pick a case-sensitive username and password.
Note: If you were a former UB&T customer, you do not have to go through this enrollment process. Simply use your same username (in all CAPITAL letters) and the last four digits of your Social Security number, for your first-time log-in.
- Viewing your accounts: Once you are logged, in you will see a list of your accounts. Click on any account to view all of your transactions for the last 18 months. You can always click on the “Home” button at the top to bring you back to this list. To edit your account names, click on “Edit Accounts” to the right of the accounts list. This will also let you choose which accounts are listed on your home screen and which accounts are hidden.
- Electronic statements (eStatements): These allow you to view and print your statements from your computer. They're also a great way to help the environment, as you will no longer receive a paper statement in the mail.
If you would like to sign up for eStatements, you can do so from your online banking portal. Go to “Add eDocuments” at the top of your screen. You will need to agree to a disclosure and verify the account number(s) for the statements you would like electronically. Once you are signed up for eStatements, you will receive an email notification that your statement is ready to view online.
To view your eStatements, click on the account you want to see and then go to “Documents” under the account title and number. You can then search for the statements you want by date.
- Transfers: Have you ever needed to simply transfer money between your accounts, but not had time to stop at the bank? Of course – it's happened to all of us. Transferring money has never been easier and now can be done instantly, any time, from your computer or device.
To transfer money between your accounts, click on the "Transfer" button at the top of the page. From here, you can transfer money between any two accounts that your name is on. You can also make loan payments from this tab, if you are paying from another account at the bank.
- Online Bill Pay: Paying bills is never fun, but now it doesn't have to be a chore. Once you are enrolled in bill payment, you can add a payee and make a payment to any company or person within the U.S. From this page, you can also use Popmoney to send or request funds from other people. In addition, there is a “Transfer Money” section that gives you the option to add an external account that you own that resides with another financial institution, to which you can send money.
- Alerts: Having account alerts is a great way to monitor your account activity and set banking reminders for yourself. On the home page, click on “Manage Alerts” to choose which you want to set up and how you want to receive them. For example, you can choose be notified when a password is changed, when balances are low or high, when direct deposits have gone through, and so many more!
- Additional tools: There are many other online banking tools that you may find beneficial. Some of our favorites are:
If you have any questions or would like more information about our online banking or any of its features, please feel free to contact us. You can also view more tutorial videos by visiting our Online Education Center Education Center.